Sunday 6 April 2008

Smoking part 2

What would you think if I told that smoking does not harm anyone far from those who actually are smokers? What would you say if I told that everything we were told on passive smoking were only lies and indented misleads of the truth by health and safety organisations? You would most likely think I am crazy or joking but apparently it may be true. In fact, there are no real evidences to show that passive smoking is really that bad to people and they are some to support that, what was concluded in the past was entirely false. “There’s an international row over a study published in the British Medical Journal where Californian researchers found no increased risk from what’s called 'environmental tobacco smoke'”. Moreover, the results found no relation between passive smoking and heart disease or lung cancer. In contrast, it was noted that it maybe a small risk of chronic obstructive lung disease. Presently in the U.K and in other European countries smoking has been entirely banned from all public places like restaurants, bars- nightclubs and other working areas. Surely non-smokers can be a little disturbed by someone smoking next to them somewhere but do smokers really deserved such a discrimination and hate? I can say no more as I am a smoker and I might not think objectively but one thing I am sure of. Criminalized smoking is an issue that must be re-examined before I let someone tell me what to do with myself and my health, in my private life as well as in my social life.

No comments: